On January 13, 2021, the workflowsRI and ExaWorks projects organized the Workflows Community Summit. This unique event gathered a select group of lead researchers from distinct workflow management systems, and sought to identify crucial challenges in the workflow community.
This event was the first of a series of focused meetings, and has served to define the strategic goals for upcoming meetings with the science and workflow developer communities.
The summit program consisted of two overview talks about each project organizing the event, and six breakout sessions targeting pressing needs from the workflows community, as follows:
- Theme 1: FAIR computational workflows (Carole Goble)
- Theme 2: Training and education for workflow users (Lavanya Ramakrishnan)
- Theme 3: AI workflows (Luc Peterson)
- Theme 4: Exascale challenges and beyond (Bjoern Enders)
- Theme 5: APIs, interoperability, reuse, and standards (Douglas Thain)
- Theme 6: Building a workflows community (Ilkay Altintas)
Find below the YouTube playlist with the videos for the projects overview presentations and lightning talks about the six themes above: