Recent talks and research outcomes
International Volunteer Team of Researchers Launch Groundbreaking Workflows Community Platform
Towards an Infrastructure for Enabling Systematic Development and Research of Scientific Workflow Systems and Applications
Modeling and Simulation of Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems with SimGrid, WRENCH, and WfCommons
Good Practices for Developing Scientific Software Frameworks: The WRENCH framework example
Workflows Community Summit: Bringing the Scientific Workflows Community Together
Workflows Community Summit
Selected research publications
- Coleman, T., Cansanova, H., Maheshwari, K., Pottier, L., Wilkinson, S. R., Wozniak, J., Suter, F., Shankar, M., & Ferreira da Silva, R. (2022). WfBench: Automated Generation of Scientific Workflow Benchmarks. 2022 IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computer Systems (PMBS), 100–111. https://doi.org/10.1109/PMBS56514.2022.00014
- Coleman, T., Casanova, H., Pottier, L., Kaushik, M., Deelman, E., & Ferreira da Silva, R. (2022). WfCommons: A Framework for Enabling Scientific Workflow Research and Development. Future Generation Computer Systems, 128, 16–27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2021.09.043
- Casanova, H., Tanaka, R., Koch, W., & Ferreira da Silva, R. (2021). Teaching Parallel and Distributed Computing Concepts in Simulation with WRENCH. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 156, 53–63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2021.05.009
- Ferreira da Silva, R., Casanova, H., Chard, K., Altintas, I., Badia, R. M., Balis, B., Coleman, T., Coppens, F., Di Natale, F., Enders, B., Fahringer, T., Filgueira, R., Fursin, G., Garijo, D., Goble, C., Howell, D., Jha, S., Katz, D. S., Laney, D., … Wolf, M. (2021). A Community Roadmap for Scientific Workflows Research and Development. 2021 IEEE Workshop on Workflows in Support of Large-Scale Science (WORKS), 81–90. https://doi.org/10.1109/WORKS54523.2021.00016
- Coleman, T., Casanova, H., & Ferreira da Silva, R. (2021). WfChef: Automated Generation of Accurate Scientific Workflow Generators. 17th IEEE EScience Conference, 159–168. https://doi.org/10.1109/eScience51609.2021.00026
Featured research projects
Workflows Community Initiative
Bring the workflows community together to provide community resources and capabilities to enable scientists and workflow systems developers to discover software products, related efforts, etc. and engage in community-wide efforts to tackle workflows grand challenges.
A simulation framework that makes it possible to implement scalable and accurate simulators of complex cyberinfrastructure systems quickly and easily.
A framework that enables scientific workflow research and development by providing tools for analyzing workflow execution traces and generating synthetic traces.
Engage with representatives from the workflows community (researchers, developers, science and engineering users, and cyberinfrastructure experts) to design an infrastructure that will have the potential to truly democratize workflows research.